Two worksite accidents in Box Elder County leaves one dead, one injured
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A pair of separate worksite accidents Tuesday involving Box Elder County seasonal employees resulted in the death of one person, and serious injuries to another.
According to a news release from Box Elder County Deputy Attorney Anne Hansen, both employees were working for the weed control department
In the first incident, according to Hansen, the employee suffered a serious injury and was transported to an area hospital. The worker is listed to be in stable condition.
According to Hansen, the second incident immediately followed, with the employee passing away at the scene.
Hansen says the incidents were a result of UTV crashes. She says there were two separate crashes in two different UTVs. Hansen says the victims were working in different areas but were in the same vicinity.
Box Elder County is cooperating with Utah State Parks and the Utah Occupational Safety and Health Division as they investigate the two worksite accidents, Hansen says.
“Our first concern is for the employees and their families. Our hearts are with them in the face of this terrible tragedy,” Hansen said.
The identities of the victims have not been released as families as still being notified.
- A teen disappears from Box Elder County, Idaho family offering reward
- Driver seriously injured, cow killed, in Box Elder County accident
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City