CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Two worksite accidents in Box Elder County leaves one dead, one injured
Jun 21, 2022, 9:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:31 am
(Utah Highway Patrol)
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A pair of separate worksite accidents Tuesday involving Box Elder County seasonal employees resulted in the death of one person, and serious injuries to another.
According to a news release from Box Elder County Deputy Attorney Anne Hansen, both employees were working for the weed control department
In the first incident, according to Hansen, the employee suffered a serious injury and was transported to an area hospital. The worker is listed to be in stable condition.
According to Hansen, the second incident immediately followed, with the employee passing away at the scene.
Hansen says the incidents were a result of UTV crashes. She says there were two separate crashes in two different UTVs. Hansen says the victims were working in different areas but were in the same vicinity.
Box Elder County is cooperating with Utah State Parks and the Utah Occupational Safety and Health Division as they investigate the two worksite accidents, Hansen says.
“Our first concern is for the employees and their families. Our hearts are with them in the face of this terrible tragedy,” Hansen said.
The identities of the victims have not been released as families as still being notified.
- A teen disappears from Box Elder County, Idaho family offering reward
- Driver seriously injured, cow killed, in Box Elder County accident
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful