Driver seriously injured, cow killed, in Box Elder County accident
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A man driving westbound on SR 102 on Sunday night was seriously injured when his vehicle hit a cow.
The Utah Highway Patrol said the driver, the only occupant of the car, had to be extracted. He was then transported by ground to a hospital and then flown to a trauma center in critical condition.
The cow did not survive.
The UHP says they are looking into how the cow got onto the roadway.
- Two people killed in single-car rollover in Kane County
- Police identify man found dead on Bangerter Hwy at 7800 South
- A small Cessna aircraft makes an emergency landing on I-15
- Ben & Jerry’s sued over ‘happy cow’ characterization
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Utah wildfires currently burning within the state