Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
GEM COUNTY, Idah0 — A 39-year-old woman from Kearns was killed Saturday afternoon in two-vehicle accident in Idaho.
Idaho State Police say a 52-year-old woman from Emmett, Idaho was traveling northbound on SH-16 in a 2017 Jeep Renegade. Police say the woman crossed the center line and collided with a 2017 Kawasaki motorcycle traveling southbound at 4:08 p.m.
A 61-year-old man from Star, Idaho was driving the motorcycle. A 39-year-old woman from Kearns was a passenger on the motorcycle.
Police say both were transported by air ambulance to an area hospital. The woman passed away from her injuries at the hospital.
Police also say that both were wearing helmets at the time of crash. The driver of the Jeep was wearing a seat belt.
According to police, traffic in both directions on the highway was blocked for roughly five hours allowing for the investigation and the scene to be cleared.
Police do say, however, evidence found on the scene would indicate alcohol may have been a factor for the driver of the Jeep. The identity of the Kearns woman killed has not been released.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Fatal car crash in Salt Lake City claims the life of a 36-year-old man
- Sandy police investigate fatal car crash
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon