Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
SALT LAKE CITY — Earlier this morning, over 100 Delta pilots picketed with signs outside the Salt Lake City Airport.
The pilots are members of Delta’s pilot union. They stood in a silent line outside the airport drop-off area for several hours.
The Delta pilots said they are trying to put increased pressure on the airline to speed up contract negotiations.
Leading in areas such as pay, and quality of life. And certainly, recent scheduling practices have driven that home, said First Officer Reed Donoghue, a spokesperson for the union.
“Retirement, health insurance, and job security,” are some things Donoghue listed.
This comes as a post-pandemic travel demand surge.
Also, Donoghue said this protest is part of a larger protest happening at airports across the country. However, this airport is an important one Donoghue said, “Salt Lake City is a hub for Delta Airlines. It’s also a crew base.”
“…the reason we’re here in Salt Lake City is that we have over 1,000 pilots that are based here in Salt Lake City,” Reed Donoghue said.
Pilots also protested in Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
- Eurowings Discover flight debuts at Salt Lake City International Airport
- Avelo drops service, while Allegiant puts services on hold at Ogden airport
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire