8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
RIVERTON, Utah — An 8-year-old boy suffered a head injury Friday evening after being struck by a vehicle as he rode his scooter.
According to Riverton Police, the boy was riding his scooter along a residential road and rode into the road. Police say the driver of the vehicle didn’t see him. The incident happened in the area of 12584 South 4260 West.
The boy was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital. As of late Friday night, the boy was listed in stable condition.
The driver was not injured in the incident.
No additional information was provided.
- 14-year-old suspect in Riverton Amber Alert could face charges
- Man taken into custody following high-speed pursuit in Riverton
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says