CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
Jul 1, 2022, 10:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:31 am
RIVERTON, Utah — An 8-year-old boy suffered a head injury Friday evening after being struck by a vehicle as he rode his scooter.
According to Riverton Police, the boy was riding his scooter along a residential road and rode into the road. Police say the driver of the vehicle didn’t see him. The incident happened in the area of 12584 South 4260 West.
The boy was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital. As of late Friday night, the boy was listed in stable condition.
The driver was not injured in the incident.
No additional information was provided.
- 14-year-old suspect in Riverton Amber Alert could face charges
- Man taken into custody following high-speed pursuit in Riverton
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths