8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
RIVERTON, Utah — An 8-year-old boy suffered a head injury Friday evening after being struck by a vehicle as he rode his scooter.
According to Riverton Police, the boy was riding his scooter along a residential road and rode into the road. Police say the driver of the vehicle didn’t see him. The incident happened in the area of 12584 South 4260 West.
The boy was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital. As of late Friday night, the boy was listed in stable condition.
The driver was not injured in the incident.
No additional information was provided.
- 14-year-old suspect in Riverton Amber Alert could face charges
- Man taken into custody following high-speed pursuit in Riverton
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Rudy Giuliani told by prosecutors he is a target in Georgia 2020 presidential election probe
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah County authorities looking for woman involved in domestic violence incident
- Mrs. Darlynn Menlove – Canyon Elementary