GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
KAYSVILLE, Utah — Tributes from family and friends are pouring in for Macie Hill, the 8-year-old girl hit by a vehicle during the Kaysville City Fourth of July parade. A GoFundMe page organized by a neighbor indicates that Hill passed away from injuries sustained from the accident.
Kaysville Police have since confirmed the young girl’s death.
The GoFundMe page reads, “Macie Hill, the brightest little light, was tragically taken from us in a devastating accident during the Kaysville Parade on the 4th of July.”
The GoFundMe page indicated that Hill was a member of the Patriot Cheer team stating, “She loved cheering and Macie passed away doing what she loved, being with her team.”
The accident happened July 4 during the parade on 175 S. Main St. According to the Kaysville Police Department, Hill was transported to the hospital and initially listed in critical condition.
Jennie Dopp organized the fundraiser to help the family “pay for funeral expenses, a headstone, medical facility charges, and counseling for members of the family.”
Family and friends are also posting about the event on social media.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to the account directly benefits the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Washington County authorities investigating shooting of seven cows
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah judge cancels hearing on trans athlete ruling in favor of written opinion
- Three arrested for obstruction of justice in WinCo murder case
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square gets new logo