Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
SALT LAKE CITY — The South Salt Lake Police Department announced Tuesday that an anonymous donor will provide $50K to anyone that provides information that helps locate Cornelis Frederik Bokslag, who goes by Casey. The South Salt Lake man has been missing since early June.
The SSLPD initially said Bokslag is 30 years old and last seen on June 5, 2022. However, they confirmed Tuesday that he is 29 and was last seen on June 6, 2022.
Bokslag’s parents reported him missing on June 8.
Hours later his car was found in a remote area of Summit County near the Castle Rock exit on the Wyoming border.
In a Facebook post from South Salt Lake Police Department, they said an extensive search of the area was conducted with nothing of significance found.
Police said the license plates were removed from the vehicle prior to being located by police. The car was found to be clean, with few personal items. Police found few fingerprints, and there was no evidence to indicate foul play.
During a press conference, SSLPD said the case was concerning because Bokslag’s personality indicated that the disappearance was out of the ordinary.
Detectives found that Bokslags phone was turned off the same day he went missing. Also, Bokslag took $100 out of his bank account, and no further transactions occurred on the account.
In the same press conference, police read a statement from the donor. The donor expressed guidelines for receiving the reward. Such as leaving your contact information with authorities and providing significant information. Also, the donor stated he is providing this reward because of the anxiousness surrounding someone’s child missing.
Furthermore, the donor expressed in the statement read by police, that he will work with authorities to pick the recipient.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says