Ogden-Weber Technical College evacuated due to bomb threat; no bomb found
OGDEN, Utah — The main campus of the Ogden-Weber Technical College was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after area emergency dispatch reported a bomb threat being called in.
According to a news release from the college, school officials, out of abundance of caution decided to evacuate the main campus and cancel all evening classes. The main campus was quickly evacuated and closed.
Law enforcement conducted a security sweep of the campus, including the grounds and buildings. No device was found.
During its investigation, law enforcement learned that other technical and community colleges around the country also received similar threats at the same time.
The college will return to its normal schedule on Thursday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- UTA board looks at FrontRunner expansion in Utah County