Ogden-Weber Technical College evacuated due to bomb threat; no bomb found
OGDEN, Utah — The main campus of the Ogden-Weber Technical College was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after area emergency dispatch reported a bomb threat being called in.
According to a news release from the college, school officials, out of abundance of caution decided to evacuate the main campus and cancel all evening classes. The main campus was quickly evacuated and closed.
Law enforcement conducted a security sweep of the campus, including the grounds and buildings. No device was found.
During its investigation, law enforcement learned that other technical and community colleges around the country also received similar threats at the same time.
The college will return to its normal schedule on Thursday.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Tomato trouble: Why tomato plants failed this year
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Victim of early morning shooting in Draper identified, suspect still at large
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Delivery truck crashed into four parked cars, Salt Lake City Police say