One person killed in Richfield car crash; two others killed in Soldier Summit crash
RICHFIELD, Utah — One person died, and three others were hurt following a two-car crash Friday in Richfield.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident occurred at the intersection of 1500 South Main Street. The UHP says a Nissan Sentra was at a stop sign on 1500 South, attempting to cross Main Street.
At the same time, a Dodge Durango was traveling south on Main Street.
Richfield car crash
According to the UHP, the Nissan failed to allow the traffic to pass, and pulled out in front of the Dodge. As a result, the two vehicles collided.
The UHP says the Dodge struck the Nissan in the door of the driver. The driver of the Nissan died on impact, according to the UHP. One adolescent occupant was also in the Nissan and suffered minor injuries.
Two occupants in the Dodge also suffered injuries. The severity of those injuries was not provided by the UHP.
The UHP does say all occupants involved in the crash were properly wearing seat belts.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Soldier Summit crash
A three vehicle-crash Friday on Soldier Summit near milepost 211 closed SR-6 for roughly an hour. Nine people were injured in the crash, including two fatalities.
Late Friday night, the UHP announced two people had died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The UHP says a Ford Explorer was traveling two westbound when it hydroplaned and crossed into the lane of eastbound traffic. It collided with a Toyota Sienna in a T-bone crash. A third vehicle was traveling too close and struck the Toyota, according to the UHP.
The UHP did not say which vehicle the individuals who passed away were riding in.
- Utah Highway Patrol reminds drivers to not speed after citing one driver twice in 10 minutes
- Busy Fourth of July weekend for Utah Highway Patrol
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed
- UPDATE: Power is back on in Bountiful after power outage affected at least 5,200
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger