Human remains found in Corner Canyon
DRAPER, Utah — A hiker located human remains in the Corner Canyon area of Draper City on Monday night. The hiker was off-trail near the Ghost Falls trail when they came across the remains.
The call was initially received by the Unified Police Department and was handed over to the Draper Police Department.
“Our detectives and our CSI responded. We located skeletal remains,” said Draper City Lt. Pat Evans.
According to Evans, the victim was discovered in a dried-up lakebed. The victim was later identified as male.
Authorities estimated that the body had been there for two to three years.
Evans said the police department believes they know the identity of the victim, however, they will wait for the medical examiner’s office to finish their report before releasing any other details.
“We do have a lead,” said Evans. “We do believe they were a missing person out of another city. Once we confirm the identity and talk to family, then we will release that information.”
Evans said he hopes to give a press conference soon and give some resolution to the victim’s family.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Judge sets up possible release of redacted affidavit justifying Mar-a-Lago search
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Gov. Cox opens up about past mental heath struggles at press conference
- Park City Resort introduces paid parking systems