Utahns and credit card debt – one expert says it’s unsustainable
SALT LAKE CITY — A survey by WalletHub shows that Utah is ranked in the top 20 states in America when it comes to the amount of credit card debt carried by residents. The survey shows that, on average, Utahns carry at least $2,225 in credit card debt.
Collectively, the survey found that Americans carry over $1 trillion in credit card debt. Inflation and gas prices are two big reasons for the increasing debt numbers.
A WalletHub representative spoke on Tuesday with KSL NewsRadio’s Dave and Dujanovic about our ability to sustain such large credit card debt. Listen to the podcast segment below:
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Some Capri Sun products being recalled by Kraft Heinz
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say