Utahns and credit card debt – one expert says it’s unsustainable
SALT LAKE CITY — A survey by WalletHub shows that Utah is ranked in the top 20 states in America when it comes to the amount of credit card debt carried by residents. The survey shows that, on average, Utahns carry at least $2,225 in credit card debt.
Collectively, the survey found that Americans carry over $1 trillion in credit card debt. Inflation and gas prices are two big reasons for the increasing debt numbers.
A WalletHub representative spoke on Tuesday with KSL NewsRadio’s Dave and Dujanovic about our ability to sustain such large credit card debt. Listen to the podcast segment below:
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen