Goals of the Great Salt Lake Collaborative, a solutions journalism initiative
This video presentation is published through the Great Salt Lake Collaborative, a solutions journalism initiative that joins news, education, and media organizations to help inform people about the plight of the Great Salt Lake.
SALT LAKE CITY — The Great Salt Lake is lower than it’s ever been. And the more it shrinks, the more it affects our air, our snow, our economy, and our wildlife. Those are some of the reasons that the Great Salt Lake Collaborative was formed.
This is a conversation with KSL TV executive producer Keira Farrimond about the far-reaching impacts that have brought media outlets together to tell the critical story of the Great Salt Lake.
Tell us about what’s working, what could work, and what problems you’d like to see solved when it comes to the shrinking Great Salt Lake.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed
- UPDATE: Power is back on in Bountiful after power outage affected at least 5,200
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger