How to help kids maintain a healthy body image in the digital age
Some of the common causes for this lack of confidence at such early ages can include living with an adult who deals with body image issues as well as high levels of the use of media particularly screen and social media.
Specifically, media can promote what Northeastern University researchers called unrealistic appearance ideals, and the sexualization of people in media.
So how do parents compete with the media and help instill positive body images in their kids? KSL NewsRadio hosts Dave and Dujanovic spoke to a psychiatrist for insight. Listen to the podcast segment below!
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire