How to help kids maintain a healthy body image in the digital age
Some of the common causes for this lack of confidence at such early ages can include living with an adult who deals with body image issues as well as high levels of the use of media particularly screen and social media.
Specifically, media can promote what Northeastern University researchers called unrealistic appearance ideals, and the sexualization of people in media.
So how do parents compete with the media and help instill positive body images in their kids? KSL NewsRadio hosts Dave and Dujanovic spoke to a psychiatrist for insight. Listen to the podcast segment below!
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- A 6th Memphis officer is taken off the force after the fatal police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…