Two arrested following SLCPD aggravated robbery investigation
SALT LAKE CITY – Two people were arrested and three firearms were recovered following an investigation into an aggravated robbery from early July.
The robbery took place on July 2, 2022 at 11 p.m. near 1700 West 1000 North. Detectives learned that three men robbed the victim using a gun.
One of the suspects hit the victim with the gun and then shot multiple rounds in their direction. The victim did not sustain any gunshot wounds. They are recovering from injuries as a result of the assault.
On July 23, 2022, officers with the SLCPD Gang Unit noticed a car that matched the description of the one used in the assault.
After organizing a safety plan, officers arrested 34-year-old Adrian Hugar and 22-year-old Carlos Perez-Rodriguez.
Three firearms were found during a court-authorized search of the suspects car. One of the firearms was stolen and another was a sawed-off rifle.
Hugar was booked into Salt Lake County Metro Jail on one count of Aggravated Robbery and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Restricted Person. Perez-Rodriguez was booked into Salt Lake County Metro Jail on one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Restricted Person.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Judge sets up possible release of redacted affidavit justifying Mar-a-Lago search
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Park City Resort introduces paid parking systems
- Crash causes big delays in Tooele County