Two arrested following SLCPD aggravated robbery investigation
SALT LAKE CITY – Two people were arrested and three firearms were recovered following an investigation into an aggravated robbery from early July.
The robbery took place on July 2, 2022 at 11 p.m. near 1700 West 1000 North. Detectives learned that three men robbed the victim using a gun.
One of the suspects hit the victim with the gun and then shot multiple rounds in their direction. The victim did not sustain any gunshot wounds. They are recovering from injuries as a result of the assault.
On July 23, 2022, officers with the SLCPD Gang Unit noticed a car that matched the description of the one used in the assault.
After organizing a safety plan, officers arrested 34-year-old Adrian Hugar and 22-year-old Carlos Perez-Rodriguez.
Three firearms were found during a court-authorized search of the suspects car. One of the firearms was stolen and another was a sawed-off rifle.
Hugar was booked into Salt Lake County Metro Jail on one count of Aggravated Robbery and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Restricted Person. Perez-Rodriguez was booked into Salt Lake County Metro Jail on one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Restricted Person.
- Police investigating the shooting of a 15-year-old in West Valley City
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Detectives locate SUV from drive-by shooting, one arrested
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says