Police investigating the shooting of a 15-year-old in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police were investigating a shooting Tuesday afternoon that left a 15-year-old boy in critical condition.
Police said they were notified of the shooting by the Granger Medical Clinic, which said the victim was brought to the clinic with a gunshot wound to the chest at 3:40 p.m. Police said the victim was alive but unconscious.
Paramedics responded to the scene and transported the victim to an Intermountain Healthcare Center.
Officers also responded to reports of a shooting at 3090 West Tess Avenue near Hillsdale Park. Once on scene, officers found witnesses. By Tuesday afternoon, the police said they were following up on leads.
Police said they don’t have a suspect description in the West Valley City shooting. However, they are collecting surveillance footage from the area.
This is an active investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Shots fired at Valley Fair Mall, two juveniles in custody
- Nobody in custody after shots fired near West Valley City apartment complex
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man in jail after allegedly shaking 8-week-old baby
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Breaking: Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City
- 200-year-old tree explodes in Portland due to heat wave
- Number of visitors to Arches National Park is on the decline
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- Refinery flares are normal says Utah Department of Environmental Quality
- Woman dies after being struck by FrontRunner in Salt Lake City
- Layton Police say search continues for teenager missing from treatment center
- Code enforcement officer killed in WVC