Shots fired at Valley Fair Mall, two juveniles in custody
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A shooting at the Valley Fair Mall on Monday resulted in the arrest of two male juveniles ages 16 and 17. According to police reports, the suspects wielded a gun at two victims. A call to authorities came in at 6:32 p.m. The victims are described as adults; one male, and one female.
The victims, who were shopping at the mall, were purportedly approached by the suspects and threatened with the firearm. The suspects then attempted to flee the scene in their car, however, one of the victims followed.
In an attempt to prevent the suspects from getting away, one of the victims purposely hit the suspects’ vehicle. According to Sgt. Gabe Bier with the West Valley City Police Department, the second suspect proceeded to point a gun toward the oncoming vehicle. Shots were fired, hitting the victim’s car.
Police apprehended the suspects but have not released their names.
- Three arrested by Roy Police after shooting incident
- One person killed, others injured after a shooting in Salt Lake City
- Teen survivor of fatal shooting near Hunter High leaves the hospital
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults