UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in Sugarhouse crash is identified
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department has confirmed the identity of a man killed in a motorcycle accident on August 3.
David Alexander Kluger, age 48, died in the accident near 1300 East Stringham Ave. The crash closed the area for several hours.
The man who died in this crash is being identified as David Alexander Kluger.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) August 4, 2022
In a tweet, Rabbi Avremi Zippel said Kluger had been a paramedic and firefighter, as well a beloved member of his community.
Alex was a beloved member of our community, and a dedicated firefighter and paramedic.
It was in his merit that we had a fire truck in our Menorah Parade each year.
May his memory be for a blessing.
Sending every imaginable good vibe to his family. https://t.co/HqcB5XoUTw
— Avremi Zippel (@UtahRabbi) August 4, 2022
The SLCPD responded at 7:35 a.m. to a crash between an SUV and a motorcycle.
When officers arrived they found the motorcyclists laying on the roadway. The SLCPD said bystanders at the scene took life-saving measures but the driver died at the scene.
Police said the driver of the SUV stayed on the scene and was cooperating with the investigation.
The SLCPD believes the SUV and the motorcycle collided at the intersection of 1300 East and 2290 South.
Police noted that the motorcyclist’s death was the third traffic-related fatality in Salt Lake City this week and the 21st this year.
Related: 1300 S hit and run victim identified
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- More human remains discovered in Lake Mead’s receding waters
- Speed Week on Bonneville Salt Falts is called off due to flooding from rain
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- President Joe Biden officially cleared to emerge from isolation following rebound Covid-19 case
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- UPDATED: Shots fired at indoor swap meet in West Valley City
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- Archaeologists unearth 27 coffins at Egypt’s Saqqara pyramid