Teen injured in West Valley City drive-by shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A 16-year-old male was shot in the leg this morning while walking near a park in West Valley City.
The West Valley Police Department received a call just after 3:40 a.m. According to the WVDP, a black passenger car, possibly a Honda Civic, approached and shot the victim.
The victim was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are in the process of gathering more information, including interviewing a witness. Law enforcement is looking for a suspect in the incident.
📍Hunter Ridge Park, West Valley City
NEW: A teen walking near the park early this am has been shot in the leg.
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) August 4, 2022
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips