Crash on I-15 near Sunset sends one person to hospital
SUNSET, Utah — An adult male was transported to a hospital Thursday afternoon following a three-vehicle crash on northbound I-15 near Sunset in Davis County.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident happened near milepost 337 at 4:09 p.m. Three vehicles – a white Pontiac Grand Prix, a white Kia Soul and a maroon Ford F-350 were involved in the crash.
The UHP believes the Pontiac suddenly switched lanes to the lane, possibly for traffic. As a result, the F-350 struck the Pontiac, which in turn hit the Kia.
The driver of the Pontiac was rushed to a hospital in extremely critical condition. No other injuries were reported from the crash.
The three left lanes were blocked for a time. The UHP said motorists should expect delays in the area.
Serious crash on I 15 northbound at 1800 N. in Sunset. The crashes blocking the three left lanes. Expect delays in the area. pic.twitter.com/xIQG99RWof
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) August 4, 2022
- Man accused of killing two kids in Eagle Mountain crash pleads not guilty
- Speeding vehicle crashes in rush hour, closes 500 South ramp to freeway
- One person killed in Richfield car crash; two others killed in Soldier Summit crash
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire