Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
WEST JORDAN, Utah — Police were dispatched after three individuals reportedly conducted a staged kidnapping Saturday. Police say it was for a YouTube video.
According to The West Jordan Police Department, the three individuals had one person with their hands bound and a cloth over their head. They were being carried away by another individual. The scene caused concern from many bystanders.
West Jordan Police Sgt. Brian Schaaf says they received one or two calls reporting the incident.
The staged kidnapping happened near 7000 S. In West Jordan at a residence located between Redwood Road. and 2200 W..
All three people were cooperative with the police and no one was injured. Each individual was charged with disorderly conduct.
- Driver watching YouTube video injured after crashing into Sandy house
- Bountiful man arrested after allegedly kidnapping his child in defiance of court order
- 17-year-old arrested for kidnapping 12-year-old
- Victims of West Jordan shooting identified; 1 suspect in custody
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter