Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
Aug 14, 2022, 6:22 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:28 am
WEST JORDAN, Utah — Police were dispatched after three individuals reportedly conducted a staged kidnapping Saturday. Police say it was for a YouTube video.
According to The West Jordan Police Department, the three individuals had one person with their hands bound and a cloth over their head. They were being carried away by another individual. The scene caused concern from many bystanders.
West Jordan Police Sgt. Brian Schaaf says they received one or two calls reporting the incident.
The staged kidnapping happened near 7000 S. In West Jordan at a residence located between Redwood Road. and 2200 W..
All three people were cooperative with the police and no one was injured. Each individual was charged with disorderly conduct.
- Driver watching YouTube video injured after crashing into Sandy house
- Bountiful man arrested after allegedly kidnapping his child in defiance of court order
- 17-year-old arrested for kidnapping 12-year-old
- Victims of West Jordan shooting identified; 1 suspect in custody
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths