Search and rescue conduct operation to rescue man hiking Lone Peak
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A man hiking in the Lone Peak area was rescued after suffering a fall Friday afternoon.
According to Sandy City Fire Department’s Facebook, the rescue operation began at approximately 1:30 p.m. A search and rescue team was hoisted by a helicopter onto the peak. They then strapped the hiker into a harness to have him lifted out.
Sandy City Fire Department reports that the hiker has been transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
- Wasatch County Search and Rescue has a busy Saturday
- Iron County Search and Rescue safely rescue injured mountain biker
- A busy night for Salt Lake County Search and Rescue with back to back rescues
- Search and rescue expert has tips for hikers
- Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold