Search and rescue conduct operation to rescue man hiking Lone Peak
Aug 19, 2022, 5:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:28 am
(Scott G. Winterton/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A man hiking in the Lone Peak area was rescued after suffering a fall Friday afternoon.
According to Sandy City Fire Department’s Facebook, the rescue operation began at approximately 1:30 p.m. A search and rescue team was hoisted by a helicopter onto the peak. They then strapped the hiker into a harness to have him lifted out.
Sandy City Fire Department reports that the hiker has been transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
- Wasatch County Search and Rescue has a busy Saturday
- Iron County Search and Rescue safely rescue injured mountain biker
- A busy night for Salt Lake County Search and Rescue with back to back rescues
- Search and rescue expert has tips for hikers
- Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail