CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Lehi Police respond to a report of shots fired, turned out to be fireworks
Aug 22, 2022, 8:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:28 am
(Laura Seitz/Deseret News)
LEHI, Utah — In the early morning hours of Sunday, Lehi Police responded to a call of what they thought were two vehicles exchanging gunfire.
Officers responded to the area of 400 E. Old Ranch Road where the incident was reported to be taking place.
Upon arriving on the scene, law enforcement personnel were able to locate the two vehicles.
According to a posting on Facebook, after a brief pursuit with one of the vehicles and a high-risk stop, the occupants of the vehicles were taken into custody.
Upon investigating the situation, police determined the occupants of the two vehicles had been setting off fireworks at each other. Additionally, police say there was no evidence found that firearms were ever used in the incident.
Lehi police say the individuals in the incident were all juveniles. They have since been released to their parents. The vehicle that fled the from police has been impounded.
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Fireworks blamed in fire that damaged Magna mobile home
- Is it time to ban fireworks in Utah? For some, the answer is yes.
- State announces fireworks purchase, discharge dates for 2022
- Watch public fireworks instead of lighting your own, says state fire marshal
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Utah historian uncovers artifacts from 1983 floods
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- Plane makes emergency landing in West Jordan, no injuries reported