Lehi Police respond to a report of shots fired, turned out to be fireworks
LEHI, Utah — In the early morning hours of Sunday, Lehi Police responded to a call of what they thought were two vehicles exchanging gunfire.
Officers responded to the area of 400 E. Old Ranch Road where the incident was reported to be taking place.
Upon arriving on the scene, law enforcement personnel were able to locate the two vehicles.
According to a posting on Facebook, after a brief pursuit with one of the vehicles and a high-risk stop, the occupants of the vehicles were taken into custody.
Upon investigating the situation, police determined the occupants of the two vehicles had been setting off fireworks at each other. Additionally, police say there was no evidence found that firearms were ever used in the incident.
Lehi police say the individuals in the incident were all juveniles. They have since been released to their parents. The vehicle that fled the from police has been impounded.
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Fireworks blamed in fire that damaged Magna mobile home
- Is it time to ban fireworks in Utah? For some, the answer is yes.
- State announces fireworks purchase, discharge dates for 2022
- Watch public fireworks instead of lighting your own, says state fire marshal
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says