Chick-fil-A grilled nuggets and filet contain dairy allergen due to supplier mishap
“A supplier notified us they had unintentionally added an undeclared dairy allergen in the recipe for our Grilled Filets and Grilled Nuggets,” the company said in a statement, adding that when it learned about the contamination, “we took immediate steps to notify guests of this temporary issue.”
A statement alerting consumers to the situation has been posted to the chicken chain’s nutrition and allergens page, and a note about the dairy allergen has been added to the Grilled Nuggets page. The incident has impacted restaurants across the entire Chick-fil-A chain.
“We are actively working with the supplier so this doesn’t happen again and to ensure the allergen is removed,” the company said. “We understand and take seriously the trust our guests place in us to make sure their food is how they expect it, and we apologize for this situation. Our priority is that our impacted guests can enjoy these products again soon.”
While the presence of dairy may not matter to some consumers, it can be dangerous to those with allergies.
Kids With Food Allergies, a division of the nonprofit Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, posted about the change on its Facebook page on Tuesday. Commenters on the Facebook post expressed dismay about the news, saying that it limited the food options for those with allergies even further.
™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street