Inmate death in Gunnison being investigated as homicide
DRAPER, Utah — Ted Davey, an inmate at the Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison, was found dead Sunday morning.
According to a press release, Davey’s death is being investigated as a homicide. He was, reportedly, pronounced dead following a medical evaluation.
Davy’s family has been notified of his death, the press release says. His death is being investigated by the Utah State Bureau of Investigation.
Davy has been incarcerated since 2019. He was serving a sentence for four third-degree felony charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
This story is developing and will be updated as more information is available.
- Inmate death reported at Purgatory Correctional Facility
- Inmates at new Utah Correctional Facility aren’t receiving their medications
- Idaho inmate arrested in Tooele for failing to reappear after court-ordered release
- Woman identified in Heber City homicide, suspect still at large
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Coronavirus Prevention