CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Inmate death in Gunnison being investigated as homicide
Aug 28, 2022, 8:03 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:28 am
(FILE -- KSL NewsRadio)
DRAPER, Utah — Ted Davey, an inmate at the Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison, was found dead Sunday morning.
According to a press release, Davey’s death is being investigated as a homicide. He was, reportedly, pronounced dead following a medical evaluation.
Davy’s family has been notified of his death, the press release says. His death is being investigated by the Utah State Bureau of Investigation.
Davy has been incarcerated since 2019. He was serving a sentence for four third-degree felony charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
This story is developing and will be updated as more information is available.
- Inmate death reported at Purgatory Correctional Facility
- Inmates at new Utah Correctional Facility aren’t receiving their medications
- Idaho inmate arrested in Tooele for failing to reappear after court-ordered release
- Woman identified in Heber City homicide, suspect still at large
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status