Inmate death in Gunnison being investigated as homicide
DRAPER, Utah — Ted Davey, an inmate at the Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison, was found dead Sunday morning.
According to a press release, Davey’s death is being investigated as a homicide. He was, reportedly, pronounced dead following a medical evaluation.
Davy’s family has been notified of his death, the press release says. His death is being investigated by the Utah State Bureau of Investigation.
Davy has been incarcerated since 2019. He was serving a sentence for four third-degree felony charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
This story is developing and will be updated as more information is available.
- Inmate death reported at Purgatory Correctional Facility
- Inmates at new Utah Correctional Facility aren’t receiving their medications
- Idaho inmate arrested in Tooele for failing to reappear after court-ordered release
- Woman identified in Heber City homicide, suspect still at large
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them