Two suspects in custody following a car pursuit through Salt Lake County
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Two people are in custody following a car pursuit through parts of Salt Lake County Tuesday night.
Police say late Tuesday night a police officer in Millcreek spotted a stolen vehicle and began to follow it. The vehicle in question was a Ford F-350 truck pulling a cargo trailer.
The v ran a red light and efforts by police to make a traffic spot were terminated, police say.
The vehicle traveled south into Midvale. Unmarked police cars in Midvale located the vehicle and began to follow it. The vehicle then traveled into South Jordan, where an officer with the Unified Police Department was able to spike the tires of the vehicle at 11400 S. Redwood Road.
However, the vehicle continued to drive as police followed. Following the spike of the tires, police reported that the tires were coming apart.
The car pursuit ended in Daybreak as the truck was on its rims and caught on fire after striking a curb. After the vehicle came to a stop, a high-risk stop was conducted on the vehicle.
The passenger, who Unified Police have identified as Michael Fisher, 49, exited the truck and was taken into custody. The driver, who has been identified as Trent Kezior, 39, fled the scene on floor. However, he was taken into custody a short time later by a K9 unit with the West Jordan Police Department.
The vehicle fire was put out by the South Jordan Fire Department.
Police say both suspects were treated at the scene and then transported to an area hospital and have since been booked into jail.
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia