CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Two suspects in custody following a car pursuit through Salt Lake County
Aug 31, 2022, 6:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:27 am
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Two people are in custody following a car pursuit through parts of Salt Lake County Tuesday night.
Police say late Tuesday night a police officer in Millcreek spotted a stolen vehicle and began to follow it. The vehicle in question was a Ford F-350 truck pulling a cargo trailer.
The v ran a red light and efforts by police to make a traffic spot were terminated, police say.
The vehicle traveled south into Midvale. Unmarked police cars in Midvale located the vehicle and began to follow it. The vehicle then traveled into South Jordan, where an officer with the Unified Police Department was able to spike the tires of the vehicle at 11400 S. Redwood Road.
However, the vehicle continued to drive as police followed. Following the spike of the tires, police reported that the tires were coming apart.
The car pursuit ended in Daybreak as the truck was on its rims and caught on fire after striking a curb. After the vehicle came to a stop, a high-risk stop was conducted on the vehicle.
The passenger, who Unified Police have identified as Michael Fisher, 49, exited the truck and was taken into custody. The driver, who has been identified as Trent Kezior, 39, fled the scene on floor. However, he was taken into custody a short time later by a K9 unit with the West Jordan Police Department.
The vehicle fire was put out by the South Jordan Fire Department.
Police say both suspects were treated at the scene and then transported to an area hospital and have since been booked into jail.
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows