Chipotle teams up with upcycle designer for napkin cargo pants
Instead of trashing leftover Chipotle napkins, a designer has come up with a unique way to reuse them in the Chipotle Napkin Cargo Pants.
Designer Nicole McLaughlin partnered with the Mexican fast-casual restaurant chain for the idea.
McLaughlin is known on social media for sharing their upcycling ideas (including an innovative way to log your dairy choices each day.)
She said that most of the napkin pants are made from the same napkins you’d get at the restaurant. And bonus, a zipper turns the pants into cargo shorts.
Food and Wine report that the idea first came about in June of 2021 as a joke on the restaurant’s social media accounts. The shorts were then featured in the Roblox video game. Chiptole said that’s where their popularity took off.
The magazine also reports that the Chipotle Napkin Cargo Pants won’t actually be for sale anywhere.
At least, not yet.
Simone Seikaly contributed to this article.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties