Stabbing in Ogden leaves two with critical injuries
OGDEN, Utah — Elijah Sewell faces two counts of attempted murder after stabbing two people around 200 25th St. in Ogden. On Sep. 3, 2022, Sewell stabbed two males.
The first victim attempted to break up another fight when Sewell attacked him, stabbing him through the ribs and right lung. Also, the first victim says Sewell made threats against his life during the assault.
According to a release from Weber County, a film crew recorded the second assault. Sewell swung an edged weapon at the second victim, the victim then grabbed his stomach and fell to the ground.
Then, the suspect fled the scene and won’t disclose where he moved his weapon, says a release from Weber County.
The second victim sustained a large laceration to his stomach, requiring emergency surgery.
After speaking to witnesses, an officer located Sewell and brought him to the police station to be interviewed.
Sewell was booked into Weber County jail.
Furthermore, he committed these assaults while on probation for DUI.
The release goes on to say the suspect knows he is wanted, as of Sep. 3, and is actively avoiding arrest. More:
Today’s Top Stories
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service