Stabbing in Ogden leaves two with critical injuries
Sep 10, 2022, 8:10 PM | Updated: 8:20 pm
(Colby Walker | KSL NewsRadio)
OGDEN, Utah — Elijah Sewell faces two counts of attempted murder after stabbing two people around 200 25th St. in Ogden. On Sep. 3, 2022, Sewell stabbed two males.
The first victim attempted to break up another fight when Sewell attacked him, stabbing him through the ribs and right lung. Also, the first victim says Sewell made threats against his life during the assault.
According to a release from Weber County, a film crew recorded the second assault. Sewell swung an edged weapon at the second victim, the victim then grabbed his stomach and fell to the ground.
Then, the suspect fled the scene and won’t disclose where he moved his weapon, says a release from Weber County.
The second victim sustained a large laceration to his stomach, requiring emergency surgery.
After speaking to witnesses, an officer located Sewell and brought him to the police station to be interviewed.
Sewell was booked into Weber County jail.
Furthermore, he committed these assaults while on probation for DUI.
The release goes on to say the suspect knows he is wanted, as of Sep. 3, and is actively avoiding arrest. More:
- Suspect in Pioneer Park stabbing is taken into custody
- One injured after altercation leads to stabbing
- Police release identities of those involved in fatal weekend stabbing in Kearns
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows