Stabbing in Ogden leaves two with critical injuries
OGDEN, Utah — Elijah Sewell faces two counts of attempted murder after stabbing two people around 200 25th St. in Ogden. On Sep. 3, 2022, Sewell stabbed two males.
The first victim attempted to break up another fight when Sewell attacked him, stabbing him through the ribs and right lung. Also, the first victim says Sewell made threats against his life during the assault.
According to a release from Weber County, a film crew recorded the second assault. Sewell swung an edged weapon at the second victim, the victim then grabbed his stomach and fell to the ground.
Then, the suspect fled the scene and won’t disclose where he moved his weapon, says a release from Weber County.
The second victim sustained a large laceration to his stomach, requiring emergency surgery.
After speaking to witnesses, an officer located Sewell and brought him to the police station to be interviewed.
Sewell was booked into Weber County jail.
Furthermore, he committed these assaults while on probation for DUI.
The release goes on to say the suspect knows he is wanted, as of Sep. 3, and is actively avoiding arrest. More:
- Suspect in Pioneer Park stabbing is taken into custody
- One injured after altercation leads to stabbing
- Police release identities of those involved in fatal weekend stabbing in Kearns
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued