OUTDOORS + RECREATION
Free entry to Utah’s amazing national parks on Saturday
Sep 21, 2022, 5:30 PM
(Arches National Park/National Park Service)
SALT LAKE CITY – Utahns, grab your backpacks, hiking boots and trail mix because on Saturday, Sept. 24, you can enter Utah’s five national parks for free!
This is in celebration of National Public Lands Day. The National Parks Service website says National Public Lands Day, “celebrates the connection between people and green space in their community, inspires environmental stewardship, and encourages use of open space for education, recreation, and health benefits.”
Utahns can’t go wrong with the free national park options to choose from:
- Arches National Park
- According to a press release, this is Utah’s only national park that requires a timed entry reservation.
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Zion National Park
- Adrenaline junkies wanting to hike the upper chained portion of Angels Landing must have a permit.
In a press release, the Utah Office of Tourism said they want to remind residents and visitors to be prepared and visit national parks responsibly.
- Flash flood warnings issued for southern Utah
- How to survive flash flooding in a Utah slot canyon and elsewhere
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLCPD: One person in custody following fatal stabbing
- Avalanche clean up underway in Little Cottonwood Canyon after “major” Utah winter
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced