DC Universe star finds fur-ever friend at SLC FanX convention
SALT LAKE CITY — The FanX convention swept through Salt Lake City last week. The convention, which takes place at the Salt Palace Convention Center, attracts tens of thousands of fans each year. However, the big attraction for some of the stars in attendance is the Ruff Patch puppy lounge in the celebrity green room.
Nonprofit, Ruff Patch Rescue, attended the event letting celebrity guests enjoy time with adoptable puppies and dogs behind the scenes.
According to a press release by Ruff Patch Rescue, actor Conor Leslie adopted a 14-week-old mixed-breed puppy named Dolores.
“I truly can’t imagine not adopting,” said Leslie. “There’s just so many dogs of all ages and sizes and breeds that need homes. I’d just encourage anyone, if they can, to please adopt, not shop.”
Leslie adopted her dog Roo two years ago and has been looking for another pup to join her family.
This is the fifth year that FanX has invited Ruff Patch Rescue to bring adoptable pets and set up the puppy lounge. Stephanie Farr, FanX green room hospitality manager, had the idea in 2017.
“The FanX Salt Lake Comic Conventions have gained a reputation for having ‘puppy therapy’ for our celebrity guests,” explained Farr. “We love helping animal rescue groups, and our guests love relaxing with the adoptable dogs and puppies.”
“It was great to be invited for a second time this year to provide a puppy lounge for the celebrities,” said Stacie Ward, Ruff Patch Rescue president.
Leslie is known for many roles including, DC Universe television series “Titans” and Amazon Studios’ series “The Man in the High Castle”.
In previous years, Jason Patric, Renee O’Connor, Michael Rosenbaum and John Barrowman each adopted a puppy from another animal welfare organization featured during the convention.
Ruff Patch Rescue is a volunteer-based nonprofit organization in the Salt Lake City area. They foster pets with medical and behavioral special needs that other animal shelters may not handle due to limited time and resources.
To find out more visit Ruff Patch Rescue at ruffpatchrescue.com to donate, adopt or become a foster volunteer.
- Bounty Paper Towels is covering Best Friends’ adoption fees
- Be Ready for an emergency when you are with your pet
- US animal shelters are filling up
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Support for marijuana initiative may go up in smoke
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- BYU students win international award for video game
- KSL launches COLD podcast season 3: The Search for Sheree Warren
- Opinion: Pandemic puppies have spoiled us all for working at home
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport