CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
UPD looking for suspect in morning robbery
Sep 28, 2022, 11:00 AM | Updated: 11:29 am
RIVERTON, Utah –An armed robbery was reported at a Chevron gas station on Wednesday morning. According to Sgt. Melody Cutler, from Unified Police Department, the robbery occurred just after 6 a.m.
The incident happened at the Kearns Chevron located at 4700 S. and 4000 W.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his mid-twenties wearing khaki pants and a gray sweatshirt with a purple logo.
According to UPD, the suspect brandished a firearm and demanded money from the clerk. The suspect fled in a white Nissan Altima.
Additionally, police said that there had been a few “beer runs,” in West Valley City on Wednesday morning. These are described as someone walking out of the store without paying for their items. Police said the suspect in the beer runs was also driving a white Altima.
Authorities said the crimes may be connected but police cannot confirm at this time.
If you have any information regarding this incident contact Unified Police Department at 801-840-4000.
- Taylorsville Police searching for suspect in 7-Eleven store robbery
- Man arrested after assault and robbery attempt
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home