UPD looking for suspect in morning robbery
RIVERTON, Utah –An armed robbery was reported at a Chevron gas station on Wednesday morning. According to Sgt. Melody Cutler, from Unified Police Department, the robbery occurred just after 6 a.m.
The incident happened at the Kearns Chevron located at 4700 S. and 4000 W.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his mid-twenties wearing khaki pants and a gray sweatshirt with a purple logo.
According to UPD, the suspect brandished a firearm and demanded money from the clerk. The suspect fled in a white Nissan Altima.
Additionally, police said that there had been a few “beer runs,” in West Valley City on Wednesday morning. These are described as someone walking out of the store without paying for their items. Police said the suspect in the beer runs was also driving a white Altima.
Authorities said the crimes may be connected but police cannot confirm at this time.
If you have any information regarding this incident contact Unified Police Department at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71