So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — South Salt Lake police have identified the victim in an officer-involved shooting on Sept. 27.
South Salt Lake Police Public Information Officer Danielle Croyle said Jebb Muir, 44, died in the officer-involved shooting.
Croyle said that police were called in the early morning hours by neighbors who reported seeing a man with a gun.
“As officers approached the area of 400 E. Robert Ave. an exchange of gunfire occurred,” said Croyle. “There were two South Salt Lake Police Officers involved.”
One officer was hospitalized in stable condition, Croyle said. The second officer was unharmed.
- South Salt Lake Mayor says resources are available for those seeking shelter
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- Officer-involved shooting in northern Utah sends suspect to hospital
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes