So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
Sep 28, 2022, 10:52 AM
(South Salt Lake Police Facebook)
SALT LAKE CITY — South Salt Lake police have identified the victim in an officer-involved shooting on Sept. 27.
South Salt Lake Police Public Information Officer Danielle Croyle said Jebb Muir, 44, died in the officer-involved shooting.
Croyle said that police were called in the early morning hours by neighbors who reported seeing a man with a gun.
“As officers approached the area of 400 E. Robert Ave. an exchange of gunfire occurred,” said Croyle. “There were two South Salt Lake Police Officers involved.”
One officer was hospitalized in stable condition, Croyle said. The second officer was unharmed.
- South Salt Lake Mayor says resources are available for those seeking shelter
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- Officer-involved shooting in northern Utah sends suspect to hospital
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Xylazine is in Utah, and is a significant threat says the DEA
- Tabernacle Choir joined by international singers this Conference weekend
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Emergency prep: Preparing for the unexpected and learning to prep
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- What lies behind lies? One polygraph expert shares his experience with them