Crash involving RV leaves one dead
MOAB, Utah — An accident on Wednesday evening between an RV and a semi truck leaves one dead.
According to reports, a large Southwinds RV turned left out of the Kane Springs Hole in the Rock rest area around 5:34 p.m.
The RV was turning to head southbound on SR-191 at milepost 111. The RV reportedly pulled out in front of a northbound Freightliner semi and was T-boned in the driver’s side compartment.
The 67-year-old male driver of the RV sustained fatal injuries from the impact and died at the scene. The driver of the semi truck was uninjured.
San Juan County SO, Grand County SO, and UDOT all assisted with providing traffic control during the crash investigation and clean up.
Related: Fatal late-night crash in Grand County near Moab
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted