Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A 16-year-old male is under arrest and in the custody of the Salt Lake County Juvenile Detention Center on suspicion of aggravated murder and aggravated robbery.
Salt Lake City Police arrested the teen in West Jordan after a search and arrest warrant was issued on Thursday.
An investigation began early Saturday morning, Sept. 10, when police responded to calls about a shooting near 500 S. and Post Street. When they arrived, police said they found Bryan Galicia-Rodriguez with critical injuries.
Galacia-Rodriguez, age 17, later died from his injuries at a hospital.
On Thursday, after serving the court-authorized search and arrest warrant, Salt Lake City Homicide Squad said they found information that led them to the shooting suspect’s location in West Jordan.
The 16-year-old suspect was arrested on Thursday night. KSL TV reported that police believe this shooting may be gang-related.
Anybody with information is asked to call the police at 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-176652.
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- Jerrod Baum found guilty of murder, kidnapping of two teens in 2017
- Grantsville teen CJ Haynie takes plea deal in murder of his mom, siblings
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide