REAL SALT LAKE
New RSL pin will help raise money for breast cancer research
SANDY, Utah — Real Salt Lake announced that its newest pin will help raise money for breast cancer awareness. Proceeds from the RSL pin will go towards breast cancer research.
In a press release, Real Salt Lake said wanted to “join the fight against breast cancer” by raising money for research.
300 pins are available at the RSL Team Store in the America First Field in Sandy, or online on the RSL team store website.
$5 from each pin will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
RSL said its pin initiative, which uses pin proceeds to raise money for charity, was started by RSL Team Store Manager Jennifer Rosa. Rosa lost a friend to cancer while receiving treatment for her own cancer diagnosis.
“When you’re in treatment, the number one thing you want to do is ring that remission bell. I’m lucky enough that I got to, and I want to help fund cancer research as much as we can for the people that aren’t as lucky as I am,” Rosa said in RSL’s press release.
Related: $10 million donated to the Utah Housing Preservation Fund
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man arrested for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Median price of a home declined for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah?
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- Teens charged as adults in West Valley shooting death
- Utah man recovering from shark bite while swimming in Hawaii
- Fire breaks out at Orem home
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Here’s why separate trials for Chad and Lori Daybell is significant