SUU sees largest increase in enrollment out of Utah System of Higher Education
CEDAR CITY, Utah — Southern Utah University saw a 5.28% enrollment increase for its fall 2022 semester. This is the largest year-to year increase out of all institutions a part of the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE).
According to a SUU news release, the increase is partly due to an uptick in online enrollment. The university now has 2,437 online students. That is 17% of total enrollment, according to the news release.
“We are pleased that so many students are choosing SUU to continue their education,” said SUU President Mindy Benson in the news release. “Taking into consideration the impact of on-campus growth on the Cedar City community, we made a concerted effort to increase our online degree enrollment and it paid off. Our robust online programs give greater access to students, especially non-traditional students looking to earn a college degree.”
Along with an increase in online enrollment, the release says SUU also saw an increase in international student enrollment, graduate student enrollment and undergraduate student enrollment.
International student enrollment increased by 19.7%, graduate enrollment increased by 9.8% and undergraduate enrollment increased by 4.7%.
The university currently has a total of 14,330 students enrolled both on-campus and online.
- Preferred pronouns collide with the First Amendment at SUU
- Search for new university president at SUU trimmed to three candidates
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- Westminster College to change name to Westminster University in 2023
- College students face high rates of food insecurity
- Utah colleges and universities see large enrollment gains
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes