Man arrested for allegedly trying to entice two juvenile girls to go with him
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Police in St. George say a man was taken into custody Friday after he allegedly tried to entice a pair of juvenile girls to come with him to clean a church.
According to police, the incident happened on Thursday. Additionally, police say the two juvenile girls refused the man’s offer and left the area.
The man returned to the area on Friday, according to a news release. A bystander in the area was able to get a photo of the suspect, his vehicle and the license plate.
Police were able to use this information to quickly track down the suspect and interview him regarding the incident.
With the assistance of the Adult Probation and Parole, the suspect was taken into custody on parole violations. He was also booked for investigation of a sex offender inviting, requesting or enticing a child to accompany them.
Police say they were able to track down the suspect in this case because of the help from the public.
“Because we had accurate information about the suspect,” the news release said. “His identity was quickly discovered. We appreciate the help of those involved. If you see something suspicious, we ask that you call police immediately.”
Ahead of Halloween, police are reminding parents to talk to their children about stranger danger and ways they can stay safe.
- The importance of talking to your children about stranger danger
- Park City tennis coach charged after physical encounter with player
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Support for marijuana initiative may go up in smoke
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- KSL launches COLD podcast season 3: The Search for Sheree Warren
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Salt Lake County Council overturns K-6 mask mandate
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study