Drivers in Salt Lake Valley, Tooele could face winter driving conditions
Oct 26, 2022, 7:30 PM | Updated: 7:42 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Drivers in parts of Salt Lake and Tooele counties could be facing some winter driving conditions during their Thursday morning commutes.
Jon Wilson, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, says lake-effect snow from the Great Salt Lake could last nearly all night.
“We do expect a lake-effect snow band to set up overnight,” he said.
Wilson says those in the western half of Salt Lake County could see snow between midnight and 3 a.m. Additionally, those in parts of Tooele County could see snow between 3 and 6 a.m.
Snow totals from the storm won’t be all that impressive, according to Wilson. However, hazardous conditions are still a possibility.
“Accumulations don’t look all that great,” Wilson said. “Maybe a dusting up to about 2 inches. But even accumulations like that can cause hazardous driving conditions out there.”
Lake effect snow will be possible into Thursday morning for Salt Lake and Tooele counties. It’s likely that snow showers will slide from east to west. Accumulations are expected to be light, but winter driving conditions are possible. #utwx pic.twitter.com/Sx6syOdiex
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) October 26, 2022
Kira Hoffelmeyer contributed to this article.
- Travel advisory issued ahead of weather changes this weekend
- Uptick in mosquitos in Utah caused by recent weather and temperatures
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers