UPDATE: Westbound I-80 lanes reopened after crash involving three semis
SALT LAKE CITY — All lanes of travel have reopened after UDOT reported the closure of westbound I-80 at 2800 E. in Salt Lake County.
Driver Alert: Salt Lake County, WB I-80 is closed at MP 127/2800 E due to a crash. Use I-215 as an alternate route. Expect major delays. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UtahTrucking @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 31, 2022
UDOT says the closure was due to a crash involving three semis and an SUV.
Utah Highway Patrol estimated that the roadway would reopen one to two hours after the closure.
Blocking crash has all lanes of I 80 westbound closed at 2500 E. in Salt Lake County. Traffic is being diverted to southbound 215 on the east side. Crews estimate one hour to two hours before lanes will be reopened. pic.twitter.com/fe3CSALbkf
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 1, 2022
Major delays are expected westbound through Parleys Canyon.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success