Multi-car accident on I-80 near Kimball Jct. caused road/lane closures
Oct 21, 2022, 12:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:23 am
(Photo credit: Park City Fire Department)
PARK CITY, Utah — Four vehicles and an ATV were involved in a multi-car accident on I-80 Friday morning.
The Park City Fire District said a dump truck hauling hot asphalt drove through a cable barrier on westbound I-80 at milepost 145 near Kimball Junction. The crash caused glycol, a substance used for fire suppression, to spill onto the highway.
The crash affected both eastbound and westbound I-80 traffic in the area on Friday morning.
Driver Alert: A crash on I-80 at MP 145, east of Kimball Jct, is causing heavy delays in the area. Currently the left lanes EB & WB are blocked. . @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahDOT @UtahTrucking
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 21, 2022
Park City Fire reported that two people were injured in the crash and that there were no closures or evacuations due to the hazmat spill.
- A woman in labor and a car crash both on I-80 in Summit County
- One person dead in 3-vehicle crash in Layton
- Ogden collision causes car to crash into home
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Sandy police and fire respond to near drowning of infant
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves