Brian Head Resort to open for ski season on Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — For ski enthusiasts in Utah, the wait is nearly over. Brian Head Resort will open the 2022-2023 ski season on Friday.
According to a news release from the Utah Office of Tourism, it is the earliest the resort has ever opened for a ski season. Additionally, it’s the fourth earliest any ski resort in Utah has opened for the season.
“We are excited to welcome winter and our guests back to Brian Head Resort,” said Marilyn Butler, general manager in a news release.
Our dedicated teams and Mother Nature have come together to allow us to experience the mountain in an unprecedented early season opening. We anticipate a great winter season and have been working diligently to enhance our guests’ experience and exploring new ways to give people the freedom to ski.”
Eventually, there will be 15 ski resorts open in Utah for the 2022-2023 season.
Brian Head is located roughly four hours south of Salt Lake City.
“We’re so excited that the snow is falling, and we’re looking forward to a great season,” said Ski Utah President and CEO Nathan Rafferty in a news release. “We can’t predict the weather, but every year in Utah is better than most everywhere else snow-wise.”
- Snow this weekend, is ski season in Utah almost here?
- Utah Avalanche Center warns of skier-triggered slides at closed resorts
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Georgia voters once again have the last word during election season