Winter storms hitting Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Winter storms are covering the Salt Lake Valley in rain and snow and are expected to last throughout Thursday night.
The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning for parts of Utah until Thursday at 5 a.m. Wednesday morning brought a lot of snow and rain including a snow squall warning.
The National Weather Service recommends keeping an eye on road conditions as they could change quickly and lead to white-out conditions. The NWS warned of high winds.
With the weather conditions, motorists should prepare for longer commutes. The NWS also recommends having emergency winter supplies in your car just in case.
NEW THIS MORNING: A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for the Wasatch Back and southwest Wyoming from 3am Wednesday through 5am Thursday. These areas should see 3-6″ of snow with locally higher amounts, particularly in the Park City Area. #utwx #wywx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) November 8, 2022
Related: Snow squall storm hits Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success