SALT LAKE CITY
Man arrested in connection to shooting in a 7-11 parking lot in Millcreek
Nov 11, 2022, 8:51 AM | Updated: Nov 14, 2022, 7:38 am
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — One person was killed and another was injured after a shooting at a 7-11 in Millcreek. Unified Police has identified the victim of the shooting as 18-year-old Talib Ahmed.
In addition to this, Unified Police arrested 18-year-old Houssein Musse in connection to the shooting. Musse has been booked into jail for murder.
Police said the shooting happened near 40th South and State Street.
KSL TV reported that police responded to the scene around 12:30 a.m. on Friday, where multiple shots had been fired.
Melody Cutler with Unified Police told KSL TV that a group of people was in the parking lot when the shooting happened. The group had previously been inside the store.
An injured person was taken to a hospital by others in the group, where they reportedly died.
Cutler said they are reviewing surveillance videos and will check with surrounding hospitals for more information. Unified Police say the case is still open and ongoing.
A second man was arrested in connection to the case Sunday morning.
- Missing Spanish Fork teens found safe in Murray
- New Utah state flag chosen after months of deliberation
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows