One person injured after SUV crashes into Roy salon
ROY, Utah — The driver of an SUV crashed into Joy’s Too Salon in Roy on Tuesday, causing an injury and structural damage to the building.
Roy City Police said several customers and employees of Joy’s Too Salon were inside the building at 1930 W. 4800 S. when an older female driver drove the SUV into the north side of the building.
One of the people in the building was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Roy City Police told KSL most of the SUV ended up inside the salon. The building has sustained severe damage. On Tuesday afternoon, the SUV remained in the building covered with rubble.
Police do not suspect that impairment was a factor in the crash, but they did say that the SUV driver seemed confused.
A structural engineer must secure the building and walls before the car can be removed, police said. An inspector could arrive by Wednesday.
Police also said that the building may be occupied again, but that won’t be known until the structural engineer assesses the damage.
- Officials opening additional voting location in Weber County after Google Maps mishap
- Small airplane makes emergency landing in Weber County
- 5-year-old in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Support for marijuana initiative may go up in smoke
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship