Teen missing from Morgan County was found safe
MORGAN COUNTY, Utah — Morgan County Police said that a teen reported missing earlier this week has been located.
Via its Facebook Page, a Morgan County official said that during the evening of Nov. 16, the teen’s family noticed activity on one of his social media accounts.
The Morgan County Sheriff’s office said that with help of an IP address and “digital evidence,” the teen was located by a family member as well as law enforcement in Westminster, California.
Officials said the teen was found safe and “in good health.”
On Monday the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office reached out the public to find the teen..
According to Det. Jeremy Jaques, the 17-year-old male left Morgan County on Monday night around 8:15 p.m. Jaques said the teen’s phone was found on the side of the road in Syracuse.
Jaques also said that the teen left in emotional distress. The teen reportedly did not have his wallet or ID.
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC
- Missing Spanish Fork teens found safe in Murray
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement