SLCPD investigating shooting that killed 29-year-old woman
SALT LAKE CITY — Dispatch received calls of a shooting at around 2 a.m. near 300 South West Temple. After responding, officers learned that someone had put the victim in their car and drove away.
Officers then learned that the shooting took place in a parking lot by a nightclub.
Based on preliminary information, employees from the nightclub asked a group of people to leave. Once outside, the suspect got into an argument with the victim’s boyfriend. The situation escalated and the suspect pulled out a gun and shot the victim.
After the shooting, the suspect left in an unknown vehicle with a couple of other people.
The victim was dropped off at a hospital on the University of Utah campus. Despite medical teams rendering first aid upon arrival, the victim died at the hospital.
Detectives are asking that anyone with information about this shooting to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-229528.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success