Woman arrested for use of counterfeit money, ends with drug charges
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — A Missouri woman was arrested in Utah on Monday for the alleged use of counterfeit money at several different locations.
After her arrest, police searched her purse to find what they believe to be marijuana.
According to police, 41-year-old Crystal Carlson used counterfeit $100 bills at North Maverick, Zak’s Pizza and a Wendy’s in Grand County.
Police responded when the North Maverick store manager and clerk claimed a woman came in and bought 4-packs of cigarettes with her counterfeit bills, received the change and left the store.
As Officer Aaron Woodard traveled South from the Maverick store to see if he’d maybe find the vehicle the suspect drove.
Arrest documents say, Officer Woodard pulled up to a traffic light as S Main St., looked over and saw the Vehicle pulling up to the 7-Eleven.
Officer Woodard approached the vehicle and told the man and woman in the vehicle to sit on the curb. At that point Woodard received two more calls from different locations claiming someone used counterfeit money.
After deploying other officers to take their statements, one store employee came to identify Carlson and confirmed it was her using the fake bills.
Woodward put Carlson in the back of his police car for charges related to third degree felony forgery. Carlson allegedly admitted to using the fake bills and different locations once they arrived at Grand County Jail.
It was then that police searched her purse and claimed to have found more fake money and marijuana.
Once booked, arrest documents say Carlson was found to have been leaving Missouri where she has a warrant for possession of a weapon while trying to steal a car and use of counterfeit bills in other states while on her way to California.
- Man arrested for murder in weekend shooting outside nightclub in Salt Lake
- Street racer ends up in handcuffs
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success