CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Woman arrested for use of counterfeit money, ends with drug charges
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — A Missouri woman was arrested in Utah on Monday for the alleged use of counterfeit money at several different locations.
After her arrest, police searched her purse to find what they believe to be marijuana.
According to police, 41-year-old Crystal Carlson used counterfeit $100 bills at North Maverick, Zak’s Pizza and a Wendy’s in Grand County.
Police responded when the North Maverick store manager and clerk claimed a woman came in and bought 4-packs of cigarettes with her counterfeit bills, received the change and left the store.
As Officer Aaron Woodard traveled South from the Maverick store to see if he’d maybe find the vehicle the suspect drove.
Arrest documents say, Officer Woodard pulled up to a traffic light as S Main St., looked over and saw the Vehicle pulling up to the 7-Eleven.
Officer Woodard approached the vehicle and told the man and woman in the vehicle to sit on the curb. At that point Woodard received two more calls from different locations claiming someone used counterfeit money.
After deploying other officers to take their statements, one store employee came to identify Carlson and confirmed it was her using the fake bills.
Woodward put Carlson in the back of his police car for charges related to third degree felony forgery. Carlson allegedly admitted to using the fake bills and different locations once they arrived at Grand County Jail.
It was then that police searched her purse and claimed to have found more fake money and marijuana.
Once booked, arrest documents say Carlson was found to have been leaving Missouri where she has a warrant for possession of a weapon while trying to steal a car and use of counterfeit bills in other states while on her way to California.
- Man arrested for murder in weekend shooting outside nightclub in Salt Lake
- Street racer ends up in handcuffs
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted