CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
17-year-old dies in one-vehicle crash in Box Elder County
Dec 16, 2022, 8:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:23 pm
BOX ELDER, Utah — The Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office says a 17-year-old male died in a one-vehicle crash Friday morning in Corinne.
According to a news release, police responded to a call of a vehicle upside down in the Bear River in the area of 4000 W. 3600 North around 3:15 p.m.
The 17-year-old victim was found deceased in the vehicle and was from the area.
Through their preliminary investigation, police say that at roughly 6:30 a.m. the vehicle was traveling southbound on 4000 West. It failed to make a turn at a T intersection at 3600 North.
The news release further states that the vehicle drove off the roadway and into the river. Police say dense fog was reported in the area at the time. It was a likely contributing factor to the crash.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending family notification.
“We express our heartfelt condolences and pray that the family can find peace and comfort during this difficult time,” the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office wrote in the news release of the Box Elder County crash.
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- UHP investigating fatal car crash in Tooele County
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful