One man injured in shooting; SLCPD investigates
SALT LAKE CITY — Around 2:48 p.m. Tuesday, Salt Lake City 911 operators received several calls about a person shot at the Palmer Court Apartments at 999 S. Main Street.
Callers said one man was outside holding a handgun while another man was on the ground, according to police. Officers from the Liberty Division Bike Squad and Patrol Division responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, officers safely took the shooter into custody and provided first aid to the man who had been shot.
Salt Lake City Fire Department and Gold Cross Ambulance also responded to help with first aid. Gold Cross Ambulance transported the victim to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
During the investigation, police learned three men were inside Palmer Court arguing before the incident. When the argument continued outside, the victim pulled a knife.
In response, SLCPD said another man pulled a gun and shot the man with a knife in the lower body. The third man left before police arrived but has since been identified.
There is no threat to the public and no other information to report at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Winning over Americans? Poll says President Biden has work to do
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Salt Lake City police arrest man after road rage incident, involving a gun
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?