Rose Bowl teams make joint appearance at Disney Resort
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah will face off against Penn State in Monday nights 109th Rose Bowl game. But, not before making appearances at Disney Resort.
Anaheim Calif. traditionally hosts the opposing teams at the resort prior to their games. This is the teams’ only joint appearance.
Utah is heading to the Rose Bowl for the second consecutive year while Penn state returns for a fifth non-sequential year.
According to a press release, a press conference was held in the historic Opera House.
Utes head coach Kyle Whittingham along with Utah players: quarterback Cameron Rising, wide receiver Devaughn Vele, safety R.J. Hubert and defensive tackle Devin Kaufusi all made an appearance at the press conference along with other U of U and Penn State players.
A Disney parade down Main Street celebrated head coaches and select players. Along with the 2023 Rose Queen, Bella Adler, the Royal Court and the Pasadena City College Tournament of Roses Honor Band.
U of U and Penn State will face off on Jan. 2. Pre-game festivities will begin at 2 p.m. MST and will play nationally on ESPN.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death