CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
One arrested and stolen car recovered in Taylorsville
Jan 3, 2023, 8:00 AM
(Taylorsville Police Department)
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — An early morning chase resulted in one arrest and the recovery of a stolen vehicle.
Sgt. Orin Neal said the Taylorsville Police Department returned three juveniles that were in the car to their parents.
According to TVPD an officer spotted a car that was reported as stolen at 1:30 Tuesday morning near 5400 South and 1900 West. Once spotted, the car fled into a nearby neighborhood and the occupants then fled on foot.
Police searched until approximately 3 a.m. before everyone was rounded up.
The driver was the only adult in the car. No injuries were reported.
- Man in custody after high-speed chase through Taylorsville
- High speed chase reached 125 mph, UHP says
- Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Multiple leads being followed up on after motorcyclist shot at passenger car, victim is stable