One arrested and stolen car recovered in Taylorsville
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — An early morning chase resulted in one arrest and the recovery of a stolen vehicle.
Sgt. Orin Neal said the Taylorsville Police Department returned three juveniles that were in the car to their parents.
According to TVPD an officer spotted a car that was reported as stolen at 1:30 Tuesday morning near 5400 South and 1900 West. Once spotted, the car fled into a nearby neighborhood and the occupants then fled on foot.
Police searched until approximately 3 a.m. before everyone was rounded up.
The driver was the only adult in the car. No injuries were reported.
- Man in custody after high-speed chase through Taylorsville
- High speed chase reached 125 mph, UHP says
- Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- School choice bill is “limiting” public schools, UEA president says
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street